Designed for all high end audio analog and digital DC power supply application including DAC and phono stages, It is extremely suitable for audio digital auxiliary products like routers, ethernet switches, music streamers, USB signal reclockers, HDD and NAS application, as the 2 stage regulation design prevents digital noise from traversing back upstream, polluting the mains AC power.
Our PLiXiR Elementa DC power supply is designed to filter most types of noise present in a DC power supply in a cost effective package.
It features a two-stage voltage regulation consisting of an open-loop first-stage pre-regulator and a close-loop feedback second stage.
The former filters the bulk of the noise, specifically the high-frequency noise, and the heat from the latter's voltage regulator. It also acts as a “gate” to prevent the downstream noise from traversing back to the AC power mains.
Compared to our flagship Elite BDC, it lacks the balanced ac power circuit that eliminates ground noise pollution. It also uses a simpler aluminium casing. The dual stage regulation is a simplified version that retains most of the performance of our Elite BDC. The reduction allows us to reduce the cost of the power supply tremendously.
Compare to other standard off the shelf DC power supply however, it is still highly superior, due to the dual stage DC regulation and high quality parts, including a custom Noratel transformer.
Dual-stage voltage regulator design. Eliminates most types of noise downstream to your equipment and prevents pollution upstream to the AC mains.
- Rigid 2.5mm thick aluminium casing that acts as the heat sink and is vibration resistant.
- Selected premium components including a custom-made low-noise Noratel balance transformer, ultra-low-impedance capacitors, high-current connectors and high-purity copper cables
- Simplified Class A driven Pre-regulator stage eliminates most of the noise and heat for subsequent DC voltage regulator stage
- Output current available in 2 Amps, 4Amps and 6 Amps current continuous
- Pre-regulator stage equivalent to more than 1F filter capacitance before main DC voltage regulator stage.
- Less than 3mVrms residual noise at DC output. No noise feedback to main AC power supply.
- Output voltage available from 5 Vdc to 30 Vdc
- Available in: 110 Vac or 230 Vac input voltage
- Casing finish: Black anodized, sandblasted aluminium
- Weight: 1.7kg for 2A ; 2kg for 4A; 2.5kg for 6A
- Dimensions (in mm): 131x151x180
- Includes a one-meter-long PLiXiR Elementa High Current DC Power Cable with a choice of 1.3mm, 1.7mm, 2.1mm or 2.5mm DC plugs to mate with your equipment.
Elite BDC 2 Amp 2 Amps RMS Current 600 euros
Elite BDC 4 Amp 2 Amps RMS Current 790 euros
Elite BDC 6 Amp 2 Amps RMS Current 900 euros