- - P1, O1, P3 – Thales’ semicircle,
- - Angles P1-A1-P3, P1-A2-P3, P1-A3-P3 are 90 degrees each,
- - Segments A1B1 = A2B2= A3B3 represent length of a tonearm,
- - B – Tonearm vertical axis,
- - P2 represents a center of circle, drawn through three points - B1,B2 and B3 (tonearm rotation axis),
- - P3 - Linear Sensor Array,
- - ΒP3-Laser beam
Arm tube suspension system is similar to one used in Reed 3P tonearm, and the tonearm’s turning part is based on low noise thrust-sleeve bearing.
For angular rotation of tonearm we designed and built limited rotation sectional torque motor. Tonearm’s position is controlled by laser and linear sensor array.
Reed 5T has user-replaceable arm tube – feature, which allows to change tonearm’s effective mass yourself. Tonearm also has VTA and azimuth adjustments.
For user convenience tonearm also has integrated level, which allows to adjust mechanical position of the tonearm without using additional tools.
Reed 5T has following advantages if compared with pivot tonearms:
- - Smaller moment of inertia,
- - No need for anti-skating mechanism,
- - Max tracking error is +/- 0.005 deg. (Figure 2). Pivot tonearms usually have max tracking errors up to 1.5 deg.
- Few times smaller moment of inertia,
- No need for complicated additional devices (air compressor),
- Compact and sleek design.
- Effective mass in both vertical and horizontal directions is similar
Options and technical data
Color: Black and stainless steel
Mounting distance: 251 mm
Tracking error: +/- 0.005 deg
Effective mass: 10-16 g, depending on armwand material (replaceable armwand) Height adjustment: compatible with 28÷48 mm height platters,
VTA adjustment: precision +/- 0.2 mm
Azimuth adjustment: +/- 8 deg
Downforce range: 10÷30 mN
Traction: Limited rotation sectional torque linear motor
Voltage: direct 12 V, using battery power source Reed Source 12V Integrated level accuracy: +/-1 mm/m.
MSRP (including Reed Source 12V): from 14900 EUR