The DX is Antipodes' flagship integrated digital source, providing the ultimate in digital audio sound quality. By providing your DAC with an ultra-low-noise, precision-clocked digital signal, your DAC can perform to its full potential. With almost any DAC you will experience sound that is organic and tonally rich with natural timbres, and yet with no lack of resolution, speed and dynamics. Antipodes integrated digital sources provide ripping, server and end-point functionality in a single device for superior performance, offering a choice of best-of-breed applications.
- - Auto-rips, tags and stores your CDs.
- - Enables easy copying to and from other devices on your network, and downloading direct to the DX.
- - Organises, integrates and plays internally stored files, plus external files on USB disks or located anywhere on your network.
- - Plays internet streaming services like TIDAL, QOBUZ, SPOTIFY, DEEZER, Internet Radio Stations, etc.
- - Is a Music Server to manage and play your library, using a variety of leading Apps including Roon Server, MPD and SqueezeBox.
- - Is a UPnP-compliant DLNA Server, including BubbleUPnP, MiniDLNA and MinimServer Apps.
- - Is a Music Library Source for SONOS systems.
- - Is a Plex Media Server for multimedia files.
- - Integrates EndPoint functionality for MPD, Roon (RoonReady) and SqueezeBox (Squeezelite).
- - Provides a DLNA renderer, MPD.
- - Is an HQPlayer NAA EndPoint.
- - Has a simple intuitive interface for turning any of these features on or off to keep it as simple as possible and still meet the full range of your needs.
See COMMON FEATURES for more details on the functionality available with Antipodes digital sources.
All of the glare and unnatural timbre we all grew used to in the first few decades of digital audio are simply gone. But the DX goes further than this, providing unique insight into what each artist is doing, conveying the music in a way never heard before from digital audio. Better DACs will sound better, but this fundamental quality of the DX will be heard with almost any audiophile DAC.
The DX starts with getting the best possible rip from your CD collection. Playing a CD in near-real-time will not get a perfect read, but a ripping process can slow down to re-read the disc when necessary till a perfect rip is achieved. Antipodes servers have optimised the ripping hardware and software to get you the best possible rip from your CDs.
A key element of Antipodes server design is the purpose-built Linux operating system, running only the services necessary to play the music files. This is in contrast to other systems where RAM is busy with multiple tasks at once. In our experience even the smallest unnecessary additional activity in RAM will diminish the sound quality of a music server.
Although reading from a storage drive is superior to reading from a spinning CD, the problem with using a standard computer or a mediocre music server, is that they generate electronic noise at a much greater level than any CD player, and this noise pollutes the digital signal received by your DAC. What makes Antipodes digital audio sources special is unique technology that minimises noise without filtering and actively manages the residual noise spectrum, removing the glare and unnatural timbre associated with digital playback, allowing the music to be naturally full, rich, organic and emotionally gripping.
See DESIGN for more details on the design philosophy used in Antipodes digital sources.
Number of Pieces 1 Piece Full-Width Integrated Digital Source Component
Storage Capacity Up to 6TB SSD - 1TB, 2TB, 4TB or 6TB
Audio Outputs Ethernet, USB Audio 2.0, S/PDIF, AES3
USB Outputs One with USB 5v Power On & One With 5v Power Off
USB Audio 2.0 Compliant (to 32 bit /384 kHz)
DoP - DSD64, DSD128, DSD256
S/PDIF & AES3 Outputs PCM to 24 bit / 192 kHz
Core Technology Antipodes Core V4
Power Supply Technology Dual ODAPS Internal Linear Power Supplies
Software Suite Antipodes 2
Case Material All Aluminium Alloy
Cooling Fanless Passive Cooling
AC Power Requirements 110 to 120 VAC or 220 to 240VAC (Switchable at Service Centre)
Power Consumption Less than 25W while running
Dimensions 432mm (w) x 273mm (d) x 85mm (h)
17in (w) x 10.7in (d) x 3.3in (h)
Shipping Weight Approx 9kg (20lbs) - Varies by Configuration
Warranty 24 Months - Extended to 36 Months with Online Registration